dawes accountants starting a business

Starting a Business

Should I be a sole trader, partnership or company?

Don’t worry we can help! This decision requires planning based on your individual circumstances. Come in and have a chat to discuss the best way for you!


What do I need to do to register with H M Revenue & Customs?

There are different forms to complete depending on which type of business you are wishing to trade as. These are all available online, but we can complete these for you.


What records do I need to keep?

All invoices, expense details and bank statements to support them. We can offer discounted cloud accounting packages to make bookkeeping a smooth and easy process, please ask for more details.


Will I need a payroll scheme?

A payroll scheme is only necessary if you are paying employees, or intending to take directors salaries. We can offer help with setting this up, contracts of employment, pension schemes and more.


Can you form a limited company?

Yes, we can advise on the best way to structure a company on incorporation, and get a company formed on your behalf.

We can Help!

We will support you every step of the way, with as little or as much input as you feel you would like us to have. We will continue to support you as your business develops and grows. Please download our free compressive starting a business kit covering The Financial, Tax and Accounting Considerations of Starting a New Business here.

starting a business advice accountant